Daily Painting - Pieta Virgin Mary after Michelangelo

Pieta Virgin Mary after Michelangelo - Painting number 41
Daily Painting - Original Oil Painting on canvas paper 9x6.5 inches.

During the Renaissance there was many a debate regarding the merits of painting versus sculpture. Which one could emulate forms of classical nature most successfully? 
I can't say, I like both equally. 
But... there is one sculpture which takes my breath away- The Pieta by Michelangelo.
I decided to do a little traditional studying and paint sculpture, I've started with my favourite.
Hope you like her. I painted her with her eyes closed at first, but she looked so very sad and I felt upset and uncomfortable looking at her, I have included a close up of this so you can see.
Elena xxX

Comments

Inconformista said…
I was looking for a image of the Pieta to paint in oil and I found you picture, it is really wonderfull
Congratulations
I will take you image for inspiration :)

Popular posts from this blog

Landscape with Alien ship re-visited