Daily Painting - Cubist Waterfall

Cubist Waterfall- Painting number 51
Work in Progress










6am 
Ahhh!, I've been up all night and this is all I have completed. I am now going to stop, take the pooch for a walk and then go to my bed. 
Cubism obviously is a painstaking process.
Imagine me thinking I could get it all done in one night!
Elena  zzzzzZ





2am 
Two hours have passed, doesn't look like it's progressed much but that's because I have painted all of the white in.
Cubism is quite tricky, especially my choice of overnight cubism.
It is so easy to lose focus and view just a mass of crazy lines in front of you, to the point that you can no longer see your original intentions. You can feel a bit lost. I have added dots of colour to try to confirm what goes where to help me.
Tricky , tricky, tricky stuff
Elena xxX




12 Midnight
I've planned my painting and checked out if I like my choice of colour scheme.
I have decided that I'm going to use the colours straight from the tube to keep it vibrant. So it's coeruleum blue, french ultramarine, burnt umber, raw sienna, yellow ochre, buff titanium, zinc white and ivory black. My choice of subject is a waterfall. I wish the painting to portray constant movement. The water flowing, pooling, swirling and falling. I want the rock to hold the water and direct it, for the rock to look like it is shaped by the water. Like the shape of the water and rock are one.
Elena xxX

Daily Painting - Original Oil Painting on quite a large canvas
I have decided to take a break from mini detailed painting and do a random cubist canvas. Going to probably be up all night doing it so I'll keep updating work in progress till it's done
Elena xxX

Comments

Anonymous said…
hi elle its emma hop you finished your cubist painting just been making cushions from your mums old machine I would of shown you a image of them but it wont let me hope to see you soon xxxx :D
Anonymous said…
*hope sorry my spellings rubbish when typing xx

Popular posts from this blog

Landscape with Alien ship re-visited