Daily Painting - Park People Sketches

Greeting the big dog
Dad pushing the pram
Been shopping
Look at the little doggie
The Chav's... Scottie Dog?
Guide Dog off duty
Another treat
Been out for hours and he still isn't worn out yet!
It's the wife's dog
Itchy Buckfast Monk
Been out doing mini sketches of the people who passed through the park today.
As the people in my urban landscape paintings are going to be very small it is essential that I capture what it is that makes us instantly recognise a tiny figure in the far distance as human. Not only do I want my tiny figures to look human (I'm not asking for much here...) I also would like them to have character. 
It would be nice if you are able to recognise what they are doing, as without this they'll have no purpose and will not belong. 
Everyone I saw today was in the park for a reason but they moved so fast that it was difficult to capture them. Once I got into it, I was like a mean little voyeur making up stories about them all as they passed me by unaware. Didn't half make me giggle to myself at times. 
Was a fun sketching day and I think I'll go out again tomorrow to do some more of the same.
But might be useful if I take more than blue and red to sketch with next time or people will expect me to hand out 3D glasses to look at my work.
Elena xxX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pieta Jesus after Michelangelo