Daily Painting - Pink Rose

Pink Rose - Painting number 31
Daily Painting - Original Oil Painting on Oil Paper 7x5 inches.
Work in Progress
After yesterday's attempt at painting a rose I swore I would never paint another rose ever ever again, as I found it so unbelievably tricky. 
But then today, the sun was shining beautifully on my vase of flowers and making the pink rose's petals fabulously translucent and I felt that it would be a sin not to try and capture it.
Well...I was right, I should never have tried to paint another rose. 
Today has been pure painting hell. I didn't enjoy a single minute of it. I now feel absolute relief that it's finally over but I have back ache and a headache for my troubles. You see, I just couldn't get that translucent sunlight effect right, no matter how hard I tried. I have spent all day painting this tiny little oil and would now like to burn it. AHHHHHHHH.
Elena xxX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pieta Jesus after Michelangelo