Daily Painting - Two Lemons


Daily Painting, oil painting of two lemons sitting on a ruffled blue silk background
                                                           Two Lemons - Painting number 1

 Daily Painting, oil painting of two lemons sitting on a ruffled blue silk background, the second painting
                                                          Two Lemons - Painting number 2

 Daily Painting, oil painting of two lemons sitting on a ruffled blue silk background original sketch
                                          Starter Sketch of Two Lemons - Painting number 2

Daily Painting - Original Oil Painting on Oil Paper 10x7 inches

This is my very first day of daily painting!  OK, I got a bit keen stayed up too late and did two paintings.
I am currently studying the techniques of the Master painters and needed a way to practice techniques before applying them to my big pieces, hence, daily painting studies. I also really need the discipline.
Life can be hectic and it's not easy to force yourself to paint every single day. Sometimes you just want to put your feet up and numb yourself with television.
I am going to think of daily painting like walking a dog. If you have a dog you have to walk it, come rain or shine, no matter how you feel. 
That dog needs walking.


I will continue to paint daily until I have learned every technique possible.
Ermmm...and that could be like, forever...
As the techniques of the Masters take years to study and perfect, I do worry that I don't have enough time left in my life to reach my full potential.
Why, oh why, oh why, can't I be interested in abstract expressionism?
It has to be Contemporary Renaissance and Classical Realism for me. Nothing else is as good in my eyes.


Although I have always produced artwork of some kind of another throughout my life so far, I am brand new at painting in oil...AND...I absolutely love it.
One day, when I am good enough, I might even be able to sell my little studies to fund the time I require to complete my large pieces. You never know.


So, with this feeling that time is very precious I have started a blog.
Sometimes it's quicker and easer to improve with criticism.
.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Your Lemon paintings match my dining room colours

I love the waxy look of the lemons

Once again brilliant.
Anonymous said…
i like painting number 1 best, good shading on the palest lemon

Popular posts from this blog

Pieta Jesus after Michelangelo