Daily Painting - Pepper Slice


Pepper Slice - Painting number 9



Daily Painting - Original Oil Painting on Oil Paper 10x7 inches

Don't have my usual grey primer today and found it difficult to get the shading in the pepper to my liking. I must be used to painting over the top of a monochrome underpainting, I just found it really unpleasant to paint directly onto the white background. I think I am going to have to go to the shops and buy more black primer to mix with the white. I feel reasonable contentment with the end painting....but it took me all night!
I have to find a way to paint quicker.
If it takes me 8 hours to paint something this tiny imagine how long it's going to take to complete my large paintings.


It's now the weekend!
Saturday I get to apply all the techniques I've learned this week with my daily painting to The Delphic Sibyl and I'm quite excited.
.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pieta Jesus after Michelangelo